Odor, Offensive, organization, overbooked, and oversized..........are words that popped into my head thinking about travel.
- ODOR, when you decide it's a good idea to take something smelly on the plane to eat later, you are not everyone's favorite traveler. The entire plane, passengers and crew members have to smell your too garlicky, too spicy, fishy, too Mexican and really don't appreciate it. Think about your fellow travelers, you're not flying a private plane.
- OFFENSIVE, your noisy game is offensive to those around you. Turn it off, or plug in your ear phones. Likewise your constant chatter about how important you are, is offensive to others. Remember if you're really that important, rich...you would be aboard your personal plane.
- ORGANIZATION, think about what you need at hand, think about what you will be using in your carry on and pack accordingly. Don't just throw everything in, stand up every 10 minutes to grab something from the over head bumping your neighbors as you go. Don't stand in the aisle for 20 minutes while you route for something and hold up the rest of those trying to board. We have a constant theme here folks, YOU are NOT the only passenger, be considerate of your fellow travelers. The idea of being organized is even more important if you're traveling with some children.
- OVERBOOKED...some folks get irritable when planes are overbooked, some like it and volunteer to give up their flight for a free one later on. Whichever camp you fall into, remember the ticket agent isn't the one who overbooked, don't take it out on them. Be Polite.
- OVERSIZED, stop packing oversized bags as carry on. Yes, you think you're being clever saving money by not checking your bag; but YOU are responsible for delaying the plane, irritating your fellow travelers and the crew, AND YOU are responsible for raising ticket prices and the charge on bags. Why........because a heavy plane needs more fuel, so when you pack oversized bags you're making the problem you think you're avoided worse. You know before hand it's not going to fit under your seat, that it doesn't even come close to fitting into the sizer at the gate.
**After the close of April's A-Z, I plan to continue to write a post a day in the month of May using again the A-B-C's as my guide. My focus for the month of May will be Spain. I've been planning and almost have every letter thought out. If others are interested in continuing to blog daily using our A-B-C's, please let me know. We could start a linky and continue what we've begun during April. I don't imagine it will be anywhere near the scope of the annual April Challenge. But, if you're interested, please let me know in your comment. And even if you're not up for another blog challenge, do stop back in, I have much to share from recent travels to Spain.**
If you're a new follower, please let me know so I can reciprocate.