- Will you have any free time?
- Does everyone in the group want to do the same thing?
- Does noise and chaos bother you? If so, group travel might not be the best option for you.
- How many meals are included in the group price?
- Is it a walking tour, or a bus type tour?
- Will there be opportunities to take pictures?
Maybe a combination of your own vacation with a day or two for a group tour is the way to have quiet and group time. Fun and relaxation. It's also a good way to visit someplace you've not been before.
Hubby and I used to do group type vacations, not organized group tours and find as we get older trying to get everyone organized is a bit of a chore. Who wants what for dinner, who wants to go out vs those who want to stay in; how much money do people in the group want to spend can lead to lost time and uncomfortable situations. Think about your needs, there's much to consider beyond the price tag.
Pop in Often, remember Menu Mondays for dining tips, Traveling Tips on Thursday, and any day for vacation destinations.