Foreign Travel.......Another A-Z post. (Fort Sumter post click here)
Foreign Travel takes far more preparation, planning and organization then traveling within your own country.
- Do you have a passport?
- Do you need a visa?
- What type of currency do you need, and how long do you need to give your bank to obtain the funds?
- What is the exchange rate? Are you charged if you use your charge card?
- Will there be a language barrier?
- Will your electrical devices, such as your phone, computer and i-pad be compatible with the electrical outlets where you plan to travel?
- Do you need to make special telephone arrangements? Is your cell phone set up for foreign travel?
- Do you need to purchase skype or other such service to minimize the cost of phone calls back home?
- Do you need to upgrade your Garmin (or other GPS) to have directions in your travels?