X Out Your List
Ok, this was a tough letter to come up with something appropriate for a travel blog. First thought of X marks the spot, but then I used that on Flat Stanley's X post, and I used Xenia a city in Ohio for the X post on Oozing Out my Ears....soooooooo here goes.
We always print a grocery shopping list before we leave home. Through practice, we've learned the best way to save money on a vacation is to eat in, it's also the most relaxed; but shopping in a strange local can be a challenge.....IF you're not organized. We are very organized. In fact, we think we have this whole travel thing down to a science.
- Print the list before you leave home
- Have items you always use and always need on the list, so you know meals ahead of time, and purchase items that can be used for several meals at a time
- Always review the list after the trip to see where changes should be made...locations can alter what you need on the list, as well as the time of year you're going. The weather/time of the year always determines how often we grill out vs fixing dinner on the stove or in the oven
- X out the items as you find them in the grocery, saves time you're not constantly thinking what do I need AND you don't tend to buy extra items, thus you save money
- We X out tonic when we travel in January to Hilton Head, there we tend to drink more Martini's and don't need tonic for a refreshing Gin/Vodka and tonic....the opposite is true when we travel to Florida or Aruba in Spring or Fall
Pop in Often, remember Menu Mondays for dining tips, Traveling Tips on Thursday, and any day for vacation destinations.(5)