Tuesday, October 1, 2019

In Route to Chillicothe, Hello Farmers Market

Bambi's Farm Market II, located at 19417 US #23 South (Circleville, Ohio), Pickaway County.  It's that time of year when people think farmers markers, pumpkins, fruits and veggies, gourds, Squash.......and more.  This farmers markert had a huge selection of very interesting pumpkins.  First time I ever saw a White Pumpkin.


Picked up some homemade Amish Jam, pear and Fig.  Love Fig jam on brie.


Never knew there were so many different sizes, shapes, and colors for squash and gourds.  Aren't they cool!


Table decorations or food?  You decide.  They can certainly be both.  These are called Carousel Squash, and apparently you fix them as you a butternut or acorn squash.  Cut them open, remove seeds/pulp, add butter and bake them.  The lady that told me what they were says she likes to add brown sugar in her's, but that sounds way too sweet for me.

I was heading to Chillicothe with my cousin who was in town from Arizona when we stopped at the market.  We were heading to Chillicothe to visit family graves, drive by houses of our former family members and to just spend some time.

Hop in your car, grab a map or look at google maps before you go and find yourself a farmers market.  This time of the year, you might even get some apple cider.  Not all adventures have to be far from home.

PLEASE leave me a comment when you come visit, so I know you were here. Your visits and comments are very special to me. AND remember, leave your name and url and not your google+ profile link or your blogger profile link. Name and url takes me right to your blog post so I can reciprocate the visit. Profile pages do not.

7 comments:

  1. Farmer's Markets are wonderful places to find all kinds of treasure. I agree, find a farmers market and enjoy.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandee for popping in, much appreciated. We had a great time looking at everything and each made purchases.

      Delete
  2. We have several farmers markets in the area (one I occasionally sell my yarny wares at). And we have a pumpkin patch (that had a bit of a fire before opening).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the fire, hope there wasn't too much damage. How cool you sell some of your yarny wares there. Thanks for the visit Liz, much appreciated.

      Delete
  3. I've seen the white pumpkins before, but I've never bought one. I also haven't ever cooked a pumpkin before. I've had acorn squash before (with butter and sugar). Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if white pumpkins taste the same as orange? I should have asked the lady that waited on me.

      Delete
  4. The first time I ever saw white pumpkins was many, many years ago near North Carolina's Outer Banks. And fig jam with brie? Yum! Be well, my dear. https://darlamsands.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

ALL comments left with name and url will be returned. NO PROFILE links please!